One of my favorite classic Fall recipes with a gluten-free ingredient list. So those apples you pick on the family outing while snapping your insta-worthy photos don't rot in vein.
Time: 30 Minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Coat your baking dish with cooking spray, EVOO or butter (your choice!).
2. Apple Mixture: Mix apples, sugar, water, cornstarch, 1 teaspoons cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside. Make sure you leave the other tsp for the oatmeal topping - next step.
3. For the "crisp" topping: Combine almond flour, oats, brown sugar, 1 teaspoons cinnamon, and butter until crumbly.
4. Place apple mixture in your baking dish. Cover apple mixture with the crisp topping evenly, bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the topping browns.
Serve and enjoy with an ice cream topping or my personal favorite, fresh whipped cream!
For Fresh Whipped Cream topping (optional):
1. Place mixer bowl and whisk in freezer for at least 20 minutes to chill.
2. Pour heavy whipping cream, 2 tbsp sugar and a dash of vanilla into the cold bowl and whisk on high for about 1 minute (until it looks like whipped cream).
Working mom. Seeking balance. Craving honest conversation.